Summer is here! That means your workouts no longer have to be boring or dull. In fact, the following workout recommendations will allow you to burn numerous calories while partaking in adventurous summer activities. Get out of of the gym, enjoy the fresh air, sunlight and scenery while burning the same if not more calories with the following workouts.
The American Council On Exercise has discovered that:
- A 125lb person burns 283 calories per hour kayaking
- A 150lb person burns 340 calories per hour kayaking
- A 175lb person burns 397 calories per hour kayaking
- A 200lb person burns 454 calories per hour kayaking
Treading water not only allows you to cool off but is extremely easy on the joints; more importantly, it can burn some serious calories. An hour of water treading can burn up to 600 calories.
With the sunlight staying out longer during the summer months, it’s the best time to take your friends and family on a hike with you. An hour scenic hike can burn up to the following calories: ( don’t forget most people hike for more than an hour!)
- A 130lb person can burn 354 calories hiking an hour.
- A 155lb person can burn 422 calories hiking an hour.
- A 180lb person can burn 490 calories hiking an hour.
- A 205lb person can burn 558 calories hiking an hour.
Grab your bikes and let’s go on a leisure bike ride. A rather simple bike ride can burn up to 745 calories per hour. In fact:
- A 130lb person can burn 472 calories cycling per hour.
- A 155lb person can burn 563 calories cycling per hour.
- A 180lb person can burn 654 calories cycling per hour.
- A 205lb person can burn 745 calories cycling per hour.
To see other exercises and the calories burnt while participating in them simply click HERE. Otherwise, have a happy & healthy summer!